Monday, July 5, 2010

In Bed by 11

Education as a Moral Endeavor class is complete and we're on to Accounting. I'm not much of a math guy, so this should be interesting, but I'm sure I can manage. We did not have classes today in observance of Independence Day, although we did have individual meetings with this week's professor, Dr. Hodge. We have been assigned a research project that will be presented for the class (as well as an independent evaluator) on Friday. My research project is going to be one that comes from experience. It is gathering information on the allotment of scholarships on college athletic teams that have more worthy athletes than they do scholarships available. This concept really only applies to Division I and Division II sports as Division III does not offer athletic scholarships (legally). It is part of our final portfolio, so it would be nice to do well on this project.
My workout regime (thank you, dad) has been minimal, although I am at least getting a 22 min. bike ride to school and 22 min. back every day. Occasionally I will go for a short 3-5 mile run or walk Linus in a hilly park, but nothing compared to my old lifestyle!
I have been completely out of the loop on all television and sports. Once in a while someone will mention something in class that has happened and everyone seems intrigued, but distant from that world right now. Football doesn't start for another couple of months anyway, so what do I care? Perfect time of year to be preoccupied as far as I can tell. I have not even been able to find the time to listen to my favorite podcast of Kevin & Bean from LA's KROQ. I'm nearly two weeks behind on my episodes! Finally, I am getting myself to bed at a shocking time of 11pm nearly every week night. For those of you that know my normal sleep schedule, that's a feat in itself! Normally midnight would be "reasonable but unlikely".
I find out if I get my internship at the Univ. of Washington this week. If I don't, I'm looking for another one here, or going to Berkeley, CA 3 months earlier.
This is my short entry for this week and I will be sure to update next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment