Sunday, August 8, 2010

Winding 'er Down

Been quite a while since my last entry, and I apologize to all of you that are looking for more info. We just finished week 7, and this is our final week of the summer intensive coming up! It has been really great to learn all of this interesting material, and connect with a group of great people! A week from now 19 out of the 26 people in our cohort will be gone. Internships begin for many people the Monday after class concludes. I, personally, have 10 days off and will be flying back East to visit family.

When I return to Seattle I will begin my internship with Karen Baebler, the Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Operations. I will be helping her with event management her at UW. Primarily, I will be working with the Pac 10 Conference Cross Country Championships event her in Seattle. I will also be helping volleyball tournaments, golf tournaments, and football game day volunteering.

In the past few weeks our cohort has done some fun things outside of class. One of them was going to the Seattle Mariners game, getting a tour of the facility, and meeting with the head of marketing, Greg Green.

I flew back to Denver last weekend to help administer the 5k race I've been helping direct for the past 9 months. We did not have the turnout that we had hoped for, but the race itself went off without too many problems. It was nice to see some of my friends that showed up, and hopefully we can get a bigger crew to race and help next year.

In mid-July, one of my classmates, Anna, and I went to the Kings of Leon concert at the famous Gorge Amphitheater. It was a fantastic show and a beautiful venue.


Finally, poor little Linus had an accident while running around and ripped off one of his dew claws (his thumb nail). I had to take him to the veterinarian and they did a quick surgery and removed the nail. He was wrapped up in some purple (Go Dawgs!) tape and thrown into a cone. He has been hating life for 24 hours but will be better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment